TWD Technical Wreck Diver
- The program is designed to train wreck diving with possible penetration into the wreck at depths up to 40 msw using air or different nitrox mixtures. Deeper can dive only divers with an adequate certification using a mixture of narcotic potential less than air (Trimix, Heliox) with an END to 40m.
- This course extends the knowledge of diving in confined spaces, can follow up Wreck Diver course or be independent.
- The Program involves the use of Nitrox mixtures ranging from 21% to 100% oxygen up to a maximum PO2 of 1.4 bar / ata = 140 kPa for Bottom gas. Furthermore, in the range of 21% up to a maximum of 100% oxygen up to a maximum value of PO2 of 1.6 bar / ata = 160 kPa for the Decompression gas.
- Training of practical knowledge of equipment configuration and techniques used in technical diving follows the Technical Nitrox Diver Program
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The program may be led only by an Instructor with the Technical Wreck Instructor ASTD qualification or higher.
- Must be a qualified ASTD Technical Diver - technical diver or equivalent qualification in the field of technical diving.
- The experience that the instructor recognizes as sufficient for this program.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 100 dives of which 30 to the depths between 30-40 meters.