JD Junior Diver
- The Program is designed to provide training to all the young interested in diving with mask, fins and snorkel and in diving with SCUBA.
- The Program qualifies a diver to dive to a maximum depth of 10 msw in the accompaniment of another diver with AOWD or higher qualification. The accompanying diver must be the diver’s parent/legal guardian or an accredited person. Diving to a maximum depth of 20 msw with a divemaster or an Instructor is possible upon successful completion of the Program.
- The course entitles young divers to perform non-decompression dives solely in an open water environment; that is without an obstacle preventing direct access to the water surface.
- It is possible to continue diver’s education leading to the development of further skills necessary for higher qualifications upon reaching 15 years of age if lead by an Instructor.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 12 years of age with a parent or guardian authorization.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Participants must be able to swim the distance of 100 meters without mask, fins and snorkel, using any swimming stroke.
- Participants must be able to remain afloat with a minimum of effort for 5 minutes.