- The program is designed to provide responsible training for all experienced divers who can, upon successful completion, lead a group of divers.
- The course is in compliance with regulation EN 14153-3.
- The course is the first professional program. For this reason, the emphasis is primarily put on the ability to lead or assist with teaching other divers. Thorough knowledge and mastering of all the skills learnt in all previous programs are the prerequisites for the program.
- ASTD Divemaster may assist in all ASTD Recreational and some specialty programs but cannot conduct training exercises unless under the direction of a qualified ASTD Instructor.
- ASTD Divemaster is qualified to accompany qualified OWD divers to a maximum depth of 30 msw.
- ASTD Divemaster is qualified to plan, execute and lead a rescue operations related to diving.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- Successful completion of the entrance test, including theory and practice, confirming the necessary knowledge and skills that a professional member has to possess.
- Must be a qualified ASTD Experienced Diver (ASTD ***) or any equivalent (RSTC or CMAS P**, etc.).
- Must be a qualified ASTD Rescue Diver or any RSTC equivalent.
- Must be qualified ASTD Divemaster (ASTD ****) – or equivalent qualification according RSTC or CMAS P *** etc.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 80 logged dives.