TD Technical Nitrox Diver
- Technical Diver program is the first one which is dedicated to technical diving. This course provides basic information and skills related to technical diving and is the base for any other technical courses. The course extends the knowledge in the use of nitrox mixtures to stay on the bottom, provides all the knowledge about the use of nitrox mixtures and oxygen for decompression.
- This program develops skills in water using decompression bottles with a different mixture than the mixture intended to stay on the bottom. Furthermore training includes knowledge and skills configuration two-bottled instruments and techniques used in technical diving.
- The course includes the use of nitrox mixtures ranging from 21% to maximum 100% of oxygen to the maximum partial pressure of oxygen (PO2) 1.4 bar / ATA = 140 kPa for the gas mixture to stay on the bottom (Bottom gas). Furthermore in the range from 21% to maximum of 100% oxygen to maximum of 1.6 bar PO2 / ATA = 160 kPa for decompression gas mixture (Deco gas).
- This program qualifies a diver to dive to a maximum depth of 40 msw using air or different nitrox mixtures.
- The course entitles divers to perform decompression dives only in an environment without an obstacle preventing direct access to the water surface - ceiling.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The program may be led only by an Instructor with ASTD Technical Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- Must be a qualified ASTD Experienced Diver (ASTD ***) – experienced diver or equivalent (PADI Master Scuba Diver, CMAS P ***, NAUI Advanced Diver 40m, IANTD Deep Diver etc.).
- Must be a qualified ASTD Nitrox Diver – diver with nitrox or equivalent (Nitrox Diver according to RSTC, CMAS Basic Nitrox Diver etc.).
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 100 dives of which 30 to the depths between 30-40 meters.