SDP SCUBA Diving Paramedic
- The program is designed to provide comprehensive training to those who are interested in the health issues related to SCUBA diving.
- The program covers providing emergency first aid, CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation), the basics of AED and providing of oxygen for the purpose of SCUBA related accidents.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- The Instructor must have a valid SCUBA Diving Paramedic certificate (not older than 3 years).
- Minimum age is not set.
- The minimum recommended SCUBA qualification is ASTD OWD or equivalent (RSTC OWD, CMAS P*, etc.).
- The course is also suitable for non-divers with an interest in medical issues related to SCUBA diving and in First Aid providing (e.g. water rescuers, paramedics etc.).