AOWD Advanced Open Water Diver
- This mid-level continuing education program is designed to enable ASTD OWD divers to gain deeper knowledge and more supervised practical experience.
- The program qualifies a participant to dive to a maximum depth of 30 msw on air in an open water environment. Upon its completion it is possible to gain more practical experience of dives up to a maximum depth of 40 msw under a supervision of an Instructor.
- The program entitles a diver to perform non-decompression dives solely in an open water environment; that is without an obstacle preventing direct access to the water surface.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- Kvalifikace ASTD Open Water Diver (ASTD *) – Potápěč Začátečník nebo ekvivalentní kvalifikace (OWD dle RSTC, potápěč CMAS P * apod.).
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age with a parent or guardian authorization.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 15 logged dives of which 10 to the depths between 10 to 20 meters.