OWD Open Water Diver
- The program is designed to provide comprehensive training to those who wish to become SCUBA divers.
- The program complies with EN 14153-2
- The program qualifies a participant to dive to a maximum depth of 20 msw in the accompaniment of another diver of the same or higher qualification. Diving to a maximum depth of 30 msw with a divemaster or an Instructor is possible upon successful completion of the program.
- The program entitles a diver to perform non-decompression dives solely in an open water environment; that is without an obstacle preventing direct access to the water surface.
- It is possible to continue diver’s education leading to the development of further skills necessary for higher qualifications if lead by an Instructor.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- Must be a minimum of 15 years of age with a parent or guardian authorization.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Participants must be able to swim the distance of 100 meters without mask, fins and snorkel, using any swimming stroke in less than 15 minutes.
- Participants must be able to remain afloat with a minimum of effort for 10 minutes.