ED Experienced Diver
- This high-level continuing education program is designed to enable ASTD AOWD divers to gain deeper knowledge and more supervised practical experience.
- The program qualifies a participant to dive to a maximum depth of 40 msw on air in an open water environment which is a maximum depth for recreational sport divers.
- The Program entitles divers to perform decompression dives only in an environment without exit limitation - no overhead environment.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor qualification or higher.
- Must be a qualified ASTD Advanced Open Water Diver (ASTD **) or any RSTC Advanced Diver or CMAS P **, etc. equivalent.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 30 logged dives of which 15 to the depths between 20 to 30 meters.