SDI Sport Diving Instructor
Sport Diving Instructor
- The Program is intended for all experienced divers who (after successfully completion) can independently teach at courses of recreational diving.
- The ASTD Sport Diving Instructors can teach ASTD Intro Dive, Supervised Diver, Junior Diver, Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water Diver and Experienced Diver Programs without further training.
- The ASTD Sport Diving Instructors with valid SCUBA Diving Paramedic qualification (updated every 3 years) may teach at ASTD SCUBA Diving Paramedic, Rescue Diver and Divemaster Programs.
- The ASTD Sport Diving Instructors may also teach specialized courses - after meeting the requirements for the qualification of an Instructor defined in a particular specialization.
- The ASTD Sport Diving Instructors are able to accompany Supervised Diver to a maximum depth of 10 meters, Junior Diver at a maximum depth of 20 meters and the Open Water Diver to a maximum depth of 30 meters.
- The ASTD Sport Diving Instructors are qualified to plan, implement and manage rescue action during diving activities.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Sport Diving Instructor Trainer or higher.
- Successful completion of the entrance test, including theory and practice, confirming the necessary knowledge and skills that a professional member has to possess.
- The prerequisite is mastering of all the exercises that are in the requirements of Open Water Diver Program and Divemaster Program. This instructor Program aims to educate how to teach, not practice the theory and practice of previous Programs.
- Must be qualified ASTD Divemaster (ASTD ****) – or equivalent qualification according RSTC or CMAS P *** etc.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 120 logged dives.