TSMD Side / No Mount Technical Cave / Mine Diver
- The Program is designed for training divers to dive with Side Mount (tanks at the sides) or No Mount (tanks pushed in front) configuration in caves, flooded mines and wrecks - depth up to 40 meters using air or various Nitrox mixtures. Deeper diving is possible only for qualified divers using mixtures with narcotic potential less than air (Trimix, Heliox) with END up to 40m.
- The Program further extends knowledge of diving in enclosed areas. It may follow the Cavern Diver Program or be separate.
- The Program involves the use of Nitrox mixtures ranging from 21% to 100% oxygen up to a maximum PO2 of 1.4 bar / ata = 140 kPa for Bottom gas. Furthermore, in the range of 21% up to a maximum of 100% oxygen up to a maximum value of PO2 of 1.6 bar / ata = 160 kPa for the Decompression gas.
- Training of practical knowledge of equipment configuration and techniques used in technical diving follows the Technical Nitrox Diver Program
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Side/No Mount Technical Cave/Mine Instructor or higher.
- Must be a qualified ASTD Technical Diver - technical diver or equivalent qualification in the field of technical diving.
- Must be qualified ASTD Side Mount Diver or equivalent. Without this qualification, it is necessary to go through the whole ASTD Side Mount Program in open water at the beginning of the this Program.
- The experience that the instructor recognizes as sufficient for this program.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 100 dives of which 30 to the depths between 30-40 meters.