NTxD Normoxic Trimix Diver
- The Normoxic Trimix Diver Program is the first technical diving course using the Trimix mixture, which is used for breathing at great depths. This Program contains basic information and skills related to technical diving to a depth up to 66 meters using all suitable Nitrox mixtures and oxygen for decompression.
- This Program includes the training of knowledge and skills of configuring a two tanks device filled with standardized blends of normoxic Trimix and techniques used in technical diving.
- Training of practical knowledge of equipment configuration and techniques used in technical diving follows the Technical Nitrox Diver Program
- The Program involves the use of normoxic Trimix mixtures ranging from 16% to 21% oxygen up to a maximum oxygen partial pressure (PO2) of 1.4 bar / ata = 140 kPa for Bottom gas. Furthermore, from 21% up to a maximum of 100% of oxygen up to a maximum value of PO2 of 1.6 bar / ata = 160 kPa for decompression air mixture (Deco gas).
- The Program entitles divers to perform decompression dives only in an environment without exit limitation - no overhead environment.
II. Instructor’s Qualification
- The Program may be led only by an Instructor with the ASTD Normoxic Trimix Instructor qualification or higher.
- Must be a qualified ASTD Technical Diver - technical diver or equivalent qualification in the field of technical diving.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Satisfactory health conditions must be met. A medical release must be completed or doctor’s approval must be provided.
- Must have a minimum of 100 dives of which 30 to the depths between 30-40 meters.